The Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana, commonly referred to as PM-Kisan Yojana, is a flagship initiative by the Government of India aimed at providing financial assistance to small and marginal farmers across the country. Launched in December 2018, this scheme has been a significant step towards improving the economic well-being of farmers and ensuring their sustainable livelihoods. This article delves into the details of the PM-Kisan Yojana, including its registration process, benefits, and how to apply through the official portal, pmkisan.gov.in. The Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana (PM-Kisan Yojana) is a government of India-initiated scheme that aims to provide minimum income support of up to Rs. 6000 to all small and marginal farmers per year. This sum is payable in three equal installments of Rs. 2000 each every four months.
The objective of PM Kisan Yojana
Agriculture constitutes a crucial part of India’s economy, and farmers are one of the key sections of society. However, due to socio-economic disparities prevalent between urban and rural regions in the country, farming communities have often struggled with financial prosperity. This issue has plagued the more significant part of India’s population since independence.
The Central and state governments have relentlessly strived to address this social and economic concern through several initiatives, meant to elevate such communities. PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana was launched by the Government of India in 2018 to help these communities.
The Government of India released the sixth installment under this scheme on 9th August 2020, reaching nearly 8.5 crore farmers. As per its objectives, this initiative aims to benefit approximately 125 million farmers in India, particularly those of marginal or small stature.
PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana PMKSNY Scheme PM Raithu Bandu
|Authority||Govt. of India|
|Scheme Name||PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana|
|Department||Agriculture Department of India|
|Current Installment No.||14th installment|
|14th Installment Date||27th July 2023|
|13th Installment Date||27 February 2023|
|PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojna Helpline no.||155261 / 011-24300606|
|Important Links||Given Below|
How Did the Scheme Come Into Effect?
In 2018, the Government of Telangana initiated the Ryuthu Bandhu scheme. Under this initiative, this state government disbursed a certain sum twice a year to buttress a farmer’s investment in agriculture. This initiative was widely recognized and appreciated for its direct benefits to farmers.
Following suit, the Indian Government launched a similar Farmer’s Investment Support Scheme to offer financial assistance to farmers nationwide. The Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana came into effect on 1st December 2018. As per the Government’s initial announcement, this scheme will be allocated Rs.75000 crore per annum.
What is PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana?
The PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana is a government initiative in India aimed at providing financial assistance and support to farmers. Under this scheme, eligible farmers receive direct income support of ₹6,000 per year in three equal installments. The PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana seeks to uplift the economic prosperity of small and marginal farmers, who play a vital role in our agricultural landscape.
This scheme brings tangible benefits by granting them a reliable income, easing their agricultural expenses, and uplifting their overall livelihoods. By facilitating direct fund transfers to their bank accounts, the scheme promotes transparency, efficiency, and seamless access to financial aid for farmers throughout the nation. With a focus on empowerment, PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana paves the way for a brighter and more prosperous future for our hardworking farmers.
What are the Features of Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana
Some of the key features of this scheme have been discussed in the below-mentioned pointers:
The primary feature of this Yojana is the minimum income support it provides to farmers. Each eligible farmer family is entitled to receive Rs.6000 per annum across India. However, the amount is not disbursed at once.
Instead, it’s divided into three equal installments and meted out four months apart. Each farmer, thus, receives Rs.2000 every 4 months. Beneficiaries can use this amount for numerous purposes. Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana’s guidelines do not categorically define any usage restriction.
PMKSNY is an Indian government-sponsored farmer support scheme. Therefore, the entirety of its funding comes from the Government of India. Initially, it announced a reserve of Rs.75000 crore a year to be spent on this initiative.
It disbursed Rs.17,000 crore in the latest installment on 9th August 2020 to the scheme’s beneficiaries’ bank accounts via Direct Benefit Transfer or DBT.
While the responsibility of funding lies with GOI, the identification of beneficiaries is not under its purview. Instead, it’s the responsibility of the State and Union Territory governments.
These governments shall identify which farmer families will benefit from the scheme. Here, it is crucial to note that per PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana definition, a farmer’s family shall comprise a husband, wife, and minor child or children.
By providing a steady source of income, the PM-Kisan Yojana contributes to enhancing the livelihoods of farmers and their families, enabling them to meet their day-to-day expenses more comfortably.
Empowerment of Women Farmers:
The scheme recognizes the vital role played by women in agriculture. In cases where the head of the family is a woman, she can also apply for the scheme and receive benefits.
The financial support offered by the PM-Kisan Yojana contributes to strengthening the social and economic security of farmers, reducing their vulnerability to poverty and indebtedness.
Who is Eligible for the PM Kisan Scheme?
One of the most crucial features of this PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana Eligibility Farmer families that qualify these criteria can benefit from this Yojana:
- Landholding: The farmer should be the owner or cultivator of agricultural land.
- Land Size: The landholding should be up to 2 hectares (5 acres). However, the scheme has been expanded to include all farmers regardless of land size.
- Citizen: The farmer should be a citizen of India.
- Income: There is no specific income criterion for eligibility.
- Professional Category: All categories of farmers, including small and marginal farmers, are eligible.
Alongside these, farmers from both rural and urban regions can be enlisted under the Pradhanmantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana. However, its guidelines also exclude certain categories of individuals from its beneficiary list.
Who is Excluded from PMKSNY?
Not all farmers can avail of monetary assistance under the PM Kisan scheme. These categories of people have been mentioned below –
1. Any institutional landholder is ineligible for this initiative.
2. Farmer families with one or more of its members satisfying the following criteria shall not be eligible either:
- Individuals who hold or have held a constitutional post.
- Individuals who continue to serve or did serve as employees and/or officers in any government ministry, department or office and its field unit.
- Persons who served as an officer or employee in any Central or State Public Sector Undertaking (PSU) and Autonomous bodies under the Government.
- Regular employees of local governmental bodies.
- Present and former Ministers of both Central and State governments.
- Present and former members of the Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha.
- Present and former members of State Legislative Assembly and State Legislative Councils.
- Any present or former Chairperson of District Panchayat.
- Present and Former Mayor of any Municipal Corporation.
3. Any individual who filed income tax in the previous Assessment Year (AY) or his/her family is not eligible to receive Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana.
4. A person and his/her family who has retired or superannuated and receives a pension of Rs.10,000 or more every month are excluded from this scheme. However, it does not apply if such a pensioner belongs to a multi-tasking staff, Class IV or Group D employees.
5. Families with professionals like a doctor, engineers, chartered accountants, lawyers, and architects who are professionally involved in their respective fields are also ineligible for this scheme.
How to Apply PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana?
Individuals who qualify for this scheme as per the criteria mentioned above can register themselves as a beneficiary in the following ways:
- Each State government is supposed to nominate PMKSNY nodal officers. Individuals can approach them to register for this scheme.
- Eligible farmers can also approach local patwaris or revenue officers to register.
- It is also possible to enrol in this scheme via the Common Service Centres (CSCs) by paying a fee.
Apart from these, individuals can also enlist themselves online for the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana online through its dedicated portal. One would need to first visit PMKSNY’s official website and click on “New Farmer Registration” within the Farmer’s Corner section. Farmers who self-register and enrol via a CSC can check their PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana status by clicking on the “Status of Self-registered/CSC farmers” option under Farmer’s Corner.
The registration process for the PM-Kisan Yojana is designed to be simple and accessible to all eligible farmers. To register for the scheme, farmers need to follow these steps:
- Visit the Official Website: The official website for the PM-Kisan Yojana is pmkisan.gov.in. Farmers should access this website through a web browser on their computer or smartphone.
- Click on the ‘New Farmer Registration’ Link: On the homepage of the website, there is a ‘Farmers Corner’ section. Within this section, there is a link titled ‘New Farmer Registration.’ Click on this link to proceed with the registration process.
- Provide Aadhaar Details: Farmers are required to provide their Aadhaar number. This unique identification number helps in verifying the identity of the applicant and ensures that the benefits are directed to the right person.
- Fill in Personal Details: Once the Aadhaar number is entered, the farmer will be prompted to fill in various personal details such as name, gender, date of birth, and the state they belong to.
- Enter Bank Account Details: To receive financial assistance directly into their bank accounts, farmers need to provide accurate bank account details, including the IFSC code and branch name.
- Submit the Form: After filling in all the necessary details, review the information for accuracy and then submit the registration form.
PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana New Farmer Registration
New farmers can register for the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana by visiting the official website, providing necessary details such as Aadhaar number and bank account information, and submitting the required documents for verification.
PM Raithu Bandhu New Registration Process
Step 1: Visit the official website of PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana https://pmkisan.gov.in.
Step 2: Look for the “New Farmer Registration” or similar option on the homepage.
Step 3: Click on the “New farmer registration” link and you will be directed to the registration page.
Step 4: Fill in the required details accurately, including your name, Aadhaar number, bank account details, and contact information.
Step 5: Upload the necessary documents, such as your Aadhaar card, bank passbook, and landholding documents.
Step 6: Double-check all the provided information to ensure its accuracy.
Step 7: Submit the registration form online.
Step 8: After successful submission, you will receive a confirmation message or reference number.
Step 9: Your application will be processed, and if approved, you will be added as a beneficiary under the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana.
Step 10: Keep track of any updates or notifications from the authorities regarding your registration status.
Required Documents for the New Farmer Registration, PMKSNY
- Land Ownership Documents: Proof of land ownership, such as land records, title deeds, or any other relevant document that establishes your ownership or leasehold rights.
- Identity Proof: Valid identification documents such as Aadhaar Card, Voter ID Card, PAN Card, Passport, or any other government-issued identity proof.
- Address Proof: Documents that verify your residential address, such as Aadhaar Card, Voter ID Card, utility bills, or bank statements.
- Bank Account Details: Information regarding your bank account, including the bank name, branch, account number, and IFSC code.
- Passport-sized Photographs: Recent passport-sized photographs for identification purposes.
Documents Required for PM Kisan Scheme
When applying as a beneficiary for this scheme, individuals would need to submit the following documents:
- Aadhaar Card
- Proof of citizenship
- Documents substantiating ownership of land
- Details of bank account
Individuals will need to provide scanned copies of such documents if they are registering online.
How to Check the Beneficiary Status of PM Kisan Scheme?
As mentioned previously, GOI disburses the minimum income support amount of Rs.6000 a year in three instalments. In case an enlisted farmer did not receive the amount as per schedule, they can check such PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana status online.
Here are the steps to do so –
- Step 1 – Visit PMKSNY official website.
- Step 2 – Click on “Beneficiary Status” under Farmer’s Corner.
- Step 3 – Enter the Aadhaar number, registered mobile number, or account number.
Upon providing any of those aforementioned numbers, individuals can view the status of their receipt.
Individuals can also check whether they are included in their village’s Beneficiary List for this scheme online, as well, via its portal. For that, one needs to follow these steps –
Step 1 – Click on the tab marked list of beneficiaries under Farmer’s Corner.
Step 2 – Select State, District, and Sub-district, Block, and Village, and click on Get Report.
One can then view the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana list for a particular village. These are all that one needs to know about the scheme’s status. Individuals who haven’t yet enlisted can do so to receive the next installment of Rs. 2000.
PM Kisan 14th & 15th Installment Date
The eagerly anticipated 14th installment of PM Kisan, a component of the Pradhan Mantri Samman Nidhi Yojana, is anticipated to be released in 27th July 2023. Eligible farmers will receive an annual installment of Rs. 6000 directly in their bank accounts through this scheme. The government is committed to ensuring prompt fund disbursal to provide support to the farming community nationwide.
Check PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana Beneficiary List
To check the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana Beneficiary List, follow these steps:
- Visit the Official PM-Kisan Website: Go to the official PM-Kisan Yojana website: pmkisan.gov.in
- Click on “Beneficiary List”: Look for the “Farmers Corner” section on the homepage. Under this section, you should find an option like “Beneficiary List” or “Beneficiary Status.” Click on this option.
- Select Your State and District: On the Beneficiary List page, you’ll likely be asked to select your state and district from the dropdown menus provided. Choose your state and district accordingly.
- Enter Aadhaar Number or Account Number: After selecting your state and district, you will need to enter either your Aadhaar number or your bank account number, which you used during the PM-Kisan Yojana registration.
- Click “Get Data” or “Search”: Once you’ve entered the required details, click on the “Get Data” or “Search” button. This will initiate the search process.
- View Beneficiary Status: If your details match those in the database, the system will display your beneficiary status. This will show whether you are eligible for the PM-Kisan Yojana and whether you are receiving the benefits.
PM Kisan Scheme FAQS
1. What is the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana?
The PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana is a government initiative aimed at providing financial assistance to small and marginal farmers across India. It offers direct income support to help farmers meet their agricultural expenses and improve their livelihoods.
2. Who is eligible for the PM-Kisan Yojana?
Small and marginal farmers who own cultivable land are eligible for the scheme. The eligibility criteria might vary slightly based on state regulations, but generally, those with land ownership of up to 2 hectares are considered eligible.
3. How much financial assistance is provided under PM-Kisan Yojana?
Eligible farmers receive ₹6,000 per year under the scheme. This amount is distributed in three equal installments of ₹2,000 each directly into the bank accounts of the beneficiaries.
4. How can I apply for the PM-Kisan Yojana?
You can apply for the PM-Kisan Yojana through the official website pmkisan.gov.in. The registration process involves providing your Aadhaar number, personal details, and bank account information.
5. Can women farmers apply for the PM-Kisan Yojana?
Yes, women farmers can also apply for the scheme. In cases where the head of the family is a woman, she can register and receive the benefits.
6. How can I check if I am a beneficiary under PM-Kisan Yojana?
You can check your beneficiary status by visiting the official PM-Kisan website, selecting your state and district, and entering either your Aadhaar number or bank account details that you used during registration.
7. Is the PM-Kisan Yojana available for all states in India? Yes, the scheme is available across all states and Union Territories in India. However, the implementation process might vary slightly from state to state.
8. What is the frequency of installment payments under the scheme?
The financial assistance of ₹6,000 is provided in three equal installments of ₹2,000 each. These installments are usually distributed in April, August, and December of each year.
9. Can a farmer with more than 2 hectares of land apply for the scheme? No,
the scheme is primarily targeted at small and marginal farmers with land ownership of up to 2 hectares. Farmers with larger landholdings are not eligible for the scheme.
10. What documents are required for PM-Kisan Yojana registration?
The main documents required for registration include your Aadhaar card, bank account details, and land ownership documents as proof of eligibility.
11. Is there any helpline for assistance related to the scheme?
Yes, the official PM-Kisan Yojana website usually provides a helpline number and customer support details for any assistance or queries related to the scheme.
12. Can I update my bank account details for PM-Kisan Yojana?
Yes, you can update your bank account details if needed. Many state-specific PM-Kisan websites provide an option to update details. Make sure to follow the prescribed process for accurate updates.
13. Is the PM-Kisan Yojana taxable? No, the financial assistance provided under the scheme is not taxable income. It is considered support for agricultural expenses and livelihood improvement.
14. What is Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana?
PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana is a government initiative aimed at providing financial assistance to small and marginal farmers across India
15. What is pm Kisan scheme?
The PM Kisan scheme, officially known as the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana (PM-Kisan Yojana) initiated by govt of Telangana Scheme named Telangana Raithu Bandhu is a government initiative to provide income support to farmers.
visit the official PM-Kisan website: pmkisan.gov.in Look for the “Farmers Corner” section and click on “Beneficiary List” or “Beneficiary Status.
The process for checking the PM Kisan beneficiary list in 2023 remains the same as outlined in the previous answer. Follow the steps mentioned above to check the updated beneficiary list for the year 2023.
18. When is the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana issued?
The PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana provides financial assistance in three installments of ₹2,000 each.